||An effective board is a consequence of healthy board dynamics. Ensuring an appropriate mix of personalities and expertise, facilitated by a culture of mutual respect, trust and constructive dissent is important.
Using management concepts and the integral boardroom model, this module explores what shapes boardroom behaviour and how directors can more effectively work with each other in the best interests of the company. This includes a discussion on the important role and attributes of an effective chairman.
The module also covers the kind of relationship that an effective board should have with management. It describes the balance needed in the board-management and chairman-CEO relationship, and the challenges of maintaining director independence while being aligned to a common organisational goal.
- Understand the importance of healthy board dynamics for an effective board.
- Highlight the culture, interactions and behaviours that impact board and director effectiveness.
- Examine some best practices for improving boardroom dynamics.
- Analyse the role of the chairman and the successful practices on leading an effective board.
- The Effective Board.
- Boardroom Behaviour.
- Board-Management Relationship.
- Role of the Chair.
- Panel Discussion and Wrap Up.
|Aspiring, new and current directors, C-suite and senior management of listed companies.
||Half day (lunch provided).
||Classroom lecture, discussion, case studies and Q&A.
||SID Member : $420 (excl. GST); $449.40 (incl. GST).
Non-SID Member : $580 (excl. GST); $620.60 (incl. GST).