This introduction session is an engaging one. You will come up close and personal with those who are directors and deeply involved in the non-profit sector. The session will cover essential aspects of:
- The directorship landscape
- Director’s duties, responsibilities, liabilities and benefits
- The director's journey
So, if you have the desire of serving on a board of a nonprofit organization or have just started serving on one, this course would be a good one to give you the insights on the workings, risks and value of the non-profit sector.
Taking only two hours, this touch-and-go session provides a broad roadmap for participants to digest as they consider the important role of a nonprofit director. Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the macro view of the directorship landscape in Singapore, especially as it relates to nonprofit organisations.
- Identify the range of duties, responsibilities, liabilities and benefits of being a non-profit director.
- Appreciate the key differences between a commercial and a nonprofit board.
- Make an informed decision before joining a charity board.
- Understand the next steps in their directorship journey.
CPD Hours : 2
Terms and Conditions for SID Courses/Events