The programme will cover essential aspects of:
- The directorship landscape
- Duties, responsibilities and liabilities
- Due diligence
- Directorship journeys
- What’s next
- Provide a macro view of the directorship landscape in Singapore.
- Outline the range of duties, responsibilities, risks and rewards of directorship.
- Equip participants with knowledge to make informed decisions before joining a board.
- Plan the next steps for development as a director.
Part 1: Self-paced e-learning course (8 Feb – 22 Feb)
• Registrants will receive an email with the e-learning course log-in details 2 weeks before the online webcast.
Part 2: Online webcast (22 Feb)
• A second email with a webinar link for the online webcast session will be sent to registrants 2 days before the session. Participants are advised to log in 5-10 minutes before commencement.
Part 2 Programme on (22 Feb)
10.30 am: Directorship journeys
10.40 am: What’s next
10.45 am: Q&A
11.30 am: Programme ends
CPD Hours : 2
SID members: $162.00 (incl. 8% GST)
Non-members: $280.80 (incl. 8 % GST)
(Registrants will receive an email with the e-learning course log-in details 2 weeks before the online webcast. A second email with a webinar link for the online webcast session will be sent to registrants 2 days before the session. Participants are advised to log in 5-10 minutes before commencement.)
Council Member, SID
Mr Philip Forrest has lived in the ASEAN region since 1982, and in Singapore since 1991. He is a non-executive director of several (mostly Australia-linked) companies in the region, and sits on the advisory boards of James Cook University Singapore Campus and Australian Alumni Singapore. He has also served on the Council of the Singapore Business Federation, the Boards of the Australian Chamber of Commerce (former president) and the British Chamber of Commerce, and the Council of the Association of Banks in Singapore. He was previously Asia Head for ANZ Bank, with responsibility for the Bank’s activities in 11 countries from Japan to Indonesia. He also spent 15 years with Citibank in five countries.
Vice Chairman, SID
Mr Adrian Chan is Head of Corporate at Lee & Lee. He serves on the Legal Service Commission and previously served on the board of the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority. He is an independent director on the boards of several listed companies on the Singapore Exchange and has been appointed to the SGX Catalist Advisory Panel to review Catalist Sponsor and Registered Professional applications. He is a Council Member of the Law Society of Singapore and co-chairs the Corporate Governance and Regulations Interest Group of the Singapore International Chamber of Commerce. He has also been appointed to Singapore Management University’s Enterprise Board.
Please register online by 8 February, 12 noon.
Email: [email protected]
Tel: (65) 6422 1188
Upon successfully enrolling for the course, you are deemed to have read and accepted SID’s Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions for SID Courses/Events