SGD 4 - Talent and Volunteer Management
In human capital management, nonprofits need strong support and oversight from their boards to design, implement and sustain strong strategies for attracting and retaining talent. Nonprofit boards need to understand the trends, competencies and tools in human capital management while exploring frameworks that will help them better manage board talent renewals, succession policies and diversity.
- Understand the importance and challenges of human capital management in NPOs.
- Explore the board’s role in driving talent resourcing success.
- Learn about current leading approaches in managing talent and volunteers sustainably through the Volunteer (Board and Executive) Management Framework.
- Examine volunteer management strategies and understand board election and succession policies that are based on competencies, diversity and inclusion.
9.00am : Introduction and Housekeeping Rules
• Definition and Importance of Talent and Volunteer Management in the Non-profit Sector
• Today’s Challenges in Talent and Volunteer Management in Non-profit Organisations
• Board’s Role in Driving Resourcing Success in their Organisations
• Current Leading Approaches in Managing Talent and Volunteers Sustainably
10.40am : Break
11.00am : Community Partner Case Study Discussion, Presentation & Critique
12.00pm : Panel Discussion with Guest Speakers
12.45pm : Programme Wrap Up / Completion of Feedback
1.00pm : End of Programme
CPD Hours : 4
Cost: $475.20 (incl. 8% GST)
All exempt, registered charities and Institutions of a Public Character (IPCs) are eligible for the Charities Capability Funding [CCF] , subject to final approval from NCSS.
If you are unsure if your organisation is a Charity/IPC organisation, please click here to check.
- After our verification checks, participants who applied but are ineligible for CCF grant will be informed and be billed the full course fees.
- Course fees are payable upon registration, and must be fully paid 7 days ahead of the course.
Please register online by 17 August 2023.
Email: [email protected]
Tel: (65) 6422 1188
Upon successful registration for the course, you are deemed to have read and accepted SID’s Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions for SID Courses/Events
Online registration not available.