Skip to main content
Singapore Institute of Directors
EXCELLENCE IN CORPORATE GOVERNANCE
Code of Governance
Directors' Code of Professional Conduct
PD Curriculum Map
SGOOD List of Courses
Listed Entity Director Programme
SID-INSEAD International Directors Programme
SID-SMU Directorship Programme
List of Events
SID Directors Conference
Singapore Corporate Awards
Seminars & Launches
Publications & Resources
SID Directors Bulletin
CG Guides for Boards in Singapore
eGuide to the Code of CG
Codes, Guides and Collaborations
Statements of Good Practice (SGPs)
Responding to COVID-19
Flipbooks (Members Only)
Boardroom Matters I
Boardroom Matters II
Boardroom Matters III
Singapore Directorship Report 2018
Singapore Board of Directors Survey 2019
Women on Board
Sign In / Member's Login
Why Join SID
Be a Member
Global Associate Scheme
Board Appointment Services
Special Interest Groups
Audit Committee Chapter
Company Secretaries Network
Family Business Group
CGU - Corporate Governance Updates for Listed Companies
This is an in-house session for the board of directors of a company. It comprises two 60-minute modules and a 90-minute module, which can be delivered in the boardroom as part of a board’s continuing professional development programme.
Update corporate boards and senior management teams on the latest developments in the ever-changing regulatory environment in Singapore and globally.
Provide an update to the audit committee and other board members on the key changes in financial reporting requirements, and working with auditors.
Update boards on the latest cyber security risks and how to build resilience.
Module 1 : Corporate Governance and Regulatory Updates.
• The governance challenge.
• Trends and developments in corporate governance including the revised Code of Corporate Governance.
• The latest developments in the Companies Act.
• The Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) – impact on companies.
• Looking ahead.
Module 2 : Auditing and Financial Reporting Updates.
• Key changes to the Financial Reporting Standards and practical implications.
• The financial reporting surveillance programme.
• Assessing and working with auditors including audit quality indicators.
• The enhanced audit report and key audit matters.
• The Audit Committee Guide.
Module 3 : Cyber Awareness and Technology Risk.
• Cyber security and technology risk.
• MAS regulations, circulars and other policies.
• Interactive cyber simulation exercise.
• Building a cyber resilient organisation.
Note: As this is a course to update on changing trends and developments, the course content and materials may change depending upon the timing of delivery.
Directors, company secretaries and senior management who support board members.
Varies. As an indication, the standard rate per hour is $1,500 (excl. GST).