||This concluding module in the SGOOD Essentials series explores the trends in social innovation, social media, social enterprises and other developments impacting the social sector. It offers insights into ideas on the horizon and helps participants examine their roles in a rapidly changing world where there is a blurring of boundaries between for-profit and nonprofit sectors.
- Investigate the trends in social innovations, technologies and enterprises that can improve the effectiveness of NPOs.
- Understand the developments in the social enterprise sector and the impact on the nonprofit sector and funders’ motivations.
- Explore social innovations including the impact of fintech on addressing social needs.
- Examine the role of the board in directing and supporting the NPO through the use of social media as a tool for social change, engagement and outreach.
||• Social enterprise.
• Social innovation.
• Tech for Good.
• Social media.
• Community partner sharing.
• Case study.
• Panel discussion.
|Aspiring, new and current directors of nonprofit organisations (NPOs).
||Presentation, discussion and case study-based learning.
|$400/module (excl. GST); $428/module (incl. GST).
This course is subject to approval for the VWOs-Charities Capability Fund (VCF) training grant. All exempt, registered charities and institutions of a Public Character (IPCs) can apply for VCF funding. Registration is on a first-come-first-served basis, with priority to VCF-funded applicants.
For more details on the VCF funding, please click here.