||This session looks at how NPO boards evaluate themselves in fulfilling their roles and responsibilities, using the results of board assessments to enhance board performance. In reviewing their board structure, control processes, competencies and diversity mix, boards can facilitate greater team cohesion and clarity of focus to achieve the NPO’s vision and mission.
- Analyse board composition and practices.
- Examine the framework for board dynamics to understand boardroom interactions and relationships.
- Understand the role of the chair.
- Recognise the criteria for board evaluation.
||• Board composition and practices.
• Boardroom interactions and relationships.
• Role of the chair.
• Board evaluation.
• Community partner sharing.
• Case study.
• Panel discussion.
|Aspiring, new and current directors of nonprofit organisations (NPOs).
||Presentation, discussion and case study-based learning.
|$400/module (excl. GST); $428/module (incl. GST).
This course is subject to approval for the VWOs-Charities Capability Fund (VCF) training grant. All exempt, registered charities and institutions of a Public Character (IPCs) can apply for VCF funding. Registration is on a first-come-first-served basis, with priority to VCF-funded applicants.
For more details on the VCF funding, please click here.