This course examines the potential issues the board faces, and the initiatives that key players should take to create an effective board that operates in the interest of all stakeholders. It also discusses how to build a family business that will last given the many real life examples of disastrous generation transition.
- Discuss the unique roles and responsibilities of a family business board.
- Outline the principles behind an effective board composition and also board committees.
- Explain key risk management and internal control parameters.
- Illustrate the key components of legacy planning, the setting up of a family governance structure and family constitution.
- Highlight the gaps that could undermine generation transition and the
limits and constraints that business founder and family business steward
must work within to protect, grow and guide the family business.
- Evaluate fund-raising options for family businesses.
- Roles and responsibilities of the family business board.
- Board composition and effective board committees.
- Enterprise risk management and internal controls.
- Fund-raising options and considerations.
- Key considerations of legacy planning.
- Family governance: key components and the use of professionals.
- Family constitution and the role of the family office.
- Family transition: gaps, assets, value and limits.
CPD Hours : 8
Terms and Conditions for SID Courses/Events