This course examines the challenges of such businesses, specifically corporate governance, board composition, recruitment and development of professional managers and incentives for the management team to act in the best interests of the company and its shareholders, including the family.
- Discuss the unique characteristics, effective board composition, roles and responsibilities of a family business board.
- Explain the importance of talent management and succession planning.
- Highlight the constraints that professional managers must work
within, and strategies to work with founders and family members.
- Share strategies to help transition responsibilities to professional
managers, and groom and coach next-generational family members.
- Implement compensation and performance management structures to align
interests between the family members and professional managers.
- Develop and execute people-related strategies to propel family
businesses to next stage of growth and help future-proof the business.
- Board composition and ensuring independence in a family business.
- Interplay between family governance and corporate governance.
- CEO selection, hiring professional CxOs and handing over control from family members.
- Modernising talent management and succession planning.
- Attracting and retaining professional staff.
- Relationship between the family office and the board.
CPD Hours : 4
||S$390.00 (excl. GST)
||S$417.30 (incl. GST)
||S$520.00 (excl. GST)
||S$556.40 (incl. GST)
Terms and Conditions for SID Courses/Events