Over the years, the role of intangible assets has grown tremendously in importance for businesses, as key value drivers rather than just peripheral assets. Intangibles have become so pervasive in business that for many of the largest companies in the world, intangible assets make up the large part of their total assets.
With the significant economic uncertainties brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic, understanding the value of intangible assets and consequently the value of the business, has become ever more important for companies.
Should significant discussions on intangible assets start happening in the board room? How should directors assess the value of the intangible assets in their companies taking into account the current economic volatilities?
In this session, we will cover:
- Analysis of intangible assets as a proportion of total business value
- Empirical analysis of intangible assets acquired in transactions
- Common approaches in valuing intangible assets, and key valuation inputs
- Introduction to the Multi-period Excess Earnings Method (MEEM) and case study
- Introduction to the Relief from Royalty (RfR) Method and case study
- Overview of the current economic environment and impact on intangible assets and businesses due to COVID-19
- Impact of significant economic uncertainties on valuations and valuation approaches
CPD Hours : 2
||S$60.00 (excl. GST)
||S$64.20 (incl. GST)
||S$90.00 (excl. GST)
||S$96.30 (incl. GST)
SID Corporate Member may utilise their complimentary vouchers.
Terms and Conditions for SID Courses/Events