SID’s courses, events and webinars are subject to terms and conditions as set out below. The Institute reserves the right to changes of the terms and conditions without notice.
A registrant is successfully enrolled for the course/event/webinar once an invoice is generated. A purchase confirmation will be sent to registrants’ email upon registration.
Registrants for classroom courses/events will receive a course notification 3 working days before the course.
There will be strictly no cancellation once the participant is successfully enrolled for the course/event/webinar.
There will be strictly no refund of fees for no-show.
REPLACEMENT OR DEFERMENT
(a) SID core courses (applicable to Fundamentals, Essentials, Advanced) - Replacement and deferment.
Where a participant cannot attend a core SID course, he/she may request to send a replacement or defer the course subject to the following conditions:
- For classroom courses or webinars, written notice of replacement of a participant should be given at least 5 working days prior to the course.
- For blended learning courses, written notice of replacement of a participant should be given at least 5 working days prior to the course, and only if the participant has not accessed the e-learning courseware.
- In the case where an SID member is replaced by a non-member, a top-up fee will be levied. No refund will be made if a non-member is replaced by a member.
- In the case of a deferment from an online course to an in-person session, a top-up fee will be levied. No refund will be made if the deferment is from an in-person course to an online session.
- Participants may request to defer a registered course to a later date by writing in to SID via email ([email protected]). Request for deferment is free of charge 10 working days prior to the course date. For blended learning course, deferment is on condition if the participant has not accessed the e-learning course.
- A deferment fee will be charged if less than 10 working days’ notice is given. Deferment fees are $50 for half-day and $100 for full-day courses. We allowed up to two deferments per course, after which they are required to make a new registration.
(b) SID forums (applicable to Updates, Focus) - Replacement only.
Written notice of replacement of a participant should be given at least 5 working days prior to the course. Deferment is not possible. In the case where an SID member is replaced by a non-member, a top-up fee will be levied. No refund will be made if a non-member is replaced by a member.
CANCELLATION BY SID
SID will exercise all possible care to run the confirmed courses as scheduled. However, in the event of unforeseen circumstances, SID reserves the right to cancel or defer the course/event, and/or to change venue, mode of delivery, speaker, course date and fees. SID will make all reasonable effort to notify participants of changes, should this happen.
If SID cancels a course, a full refund will be made to registrants.
To be eligible for CPD hours and the issuance of a certificate of attendance, participants have to be present for the entire programme. For webinars and online webcasts, participants have to log in to Zoom with the same email address that they registered for the course with.
For blended learning courses, participants have to fully complete the e-learning course and be present for the entire online webcast session to be eligible for CPD hours and the issuance of a certificate of attendance.
Course/Event fees are due upon registration.
For classroom courses/events, webinars and online webcasts, payment should reach SID at least 7 working days before the start date. SID reserves the right to refuse admission if payment is not received in full before a course/event.
For blended learning courses, payment should be made upon registration.
SID reserves the right to cancel a registration if payment is not received in full.
For payment modes available, please click here.
If you are a pending member and would like to enjoy the members’ rate, please pay your membership fee. For any enquires, email to [email protected]. Please note that in the event that your membership application is declined for any reason, you will be required to top-up the difference between the members’ rate and non-members’ rate.